Okemo Valley Adventures
Take it easy, make it an action-packed vacation or combine the two. Ludlow, Vermont and the Okemo Valley offers plenty of directions to choose.
- Plymouth State Park – 15 mins away: great for family reunions or informal parties of any kind. BBQ, volleyball, boat rentals
Lakes & Swimming Holes:
Great local spots for boating, paddling, swimming, and fishing.
- Boat Launches at many lakes within 15 minutes
- Canoeing, Kayaking, & Paddle Boarding
- Waterfalls; Buttermilk Falls
- Swimming Holes
- Okemo Firetower – Ludlow, VT
- Buttermilk Falls – Ludlow, VT
- Healdville Trail – Ludlow, VT
- White Rocks Wallingford and Ascutney
- Road biking
- Evolution Bike Park – Ludlow, VT
- Mountain Biking; Okemo and Killington downhill
- Mountain Biking- self-guided; we can educate on trails in the area.
- Pine Hill Park in Rutland
Find Bike Rentals at Tygart Mountain Sports
- ATV Tours nearby
- Weston Playhouse Theatre Company – An area favorite!
- Arts Festivals
- Outdoor Friday night concerts
Green Mountain Railroad – Amazing during fall foliage.
Gyms & Spas:
Downhill Skiing & Riding:
- Okemo Mountain Resort – 5-minute drive
- Magic Mountain – 35-minute drive
- Pico Mountain – 36-minute drive
- Killington Ski Area – 38-minute drive
Snowmobiling; VAST Trail on our property and snowmobile rentals and tours nearby
Cross country skiing; alpine center in Ludlow
Self- guided sledding
Local Tastes & Treats
Ludlow has quickly grown into a food lover’s paradise! There are many talented chefs, brewers, and artisans in our area.
- Green Mountain Sugar House
- Grafton Cheese
- Vermont Country Store
- Manchester Outlets
- Northern Ski Works
- Blue Sky Trading Company
- Tygart Mountain Sports
- Fletcher Farm School for the Arts & Crafts
- Simon Pearce Glass – The glass blowing exhibit is spectacular!
- The Hugging Bear
- The Vermont Country Store
- Tsuga Studios
Looking for More Ideas?
We love to share more of our favorite activities with you.
Take advantage of the area’s exciting annual events and festivals as well as the smaller opportunities that pop up.